Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leaving tomorrow!

Tomorrow! We leave TOMORROW!   It has not fully sunk in yet, but we will indeed get on a plane early tomorrow morning and head across the ocean!  So much has happened since we received our travel date...we've booked flights and hotels, made arrangements for our precious children who we must leave behind, finished up a school year (today was the last day), and SOMEHOW gathered all 35 documents required for court in Dillon's country.  Here's what 35 court documents look like in case you wondered:

We won't be going to court on this trip, but they asked us to bring those documents with us.  I don't think I've EVER accomplished so much in a three week span.

And so we are spending the rest of today checking off lists, packing, re-packing, and packing some more.  Our excitement is palpable around here!  We haven't really had time to sit and think about what the next week will hold, but I know that a wonderful moment is coming...the moment they bring little Dillon to meet us.  What will he think of us?  Will they tell him we are his mama and daddy?  Will he look very different from the one photo we have of him?  So many questions, but we will soon have some answers! 

I will try to update this blog daily while we are there.  I'm praying for wi-fi at our hotel, but we will go in search of it if we don't have it there.  So many of you have prayed over us, loved on us, supported us financially, and shared our excitement for our little boy! 

Unfortunately, I will be unable to post anything about our location (or even which eastern European country we are in), but I can still post pictures and details about our meeting with Dillon and our daily experiences.

I want to say a special thank you to all of you who have donated to us.  When we decided to adopt a special needs child from eastern Europe we knew it would be a giant leap of faith on many fronts.  One of the biggest hurdles for so many who are adopting internationally is the financial burden it presents.  We committed to Dillon in mid-January and have only had four short months to come up with the money required to this point.  Yes, we are still short on funds, but God has laid it upon many, many hearts to help us.  We've never experienced anything like this...the sacrificial giving from our friends and family and even by people who do not know us personally.   I know that in these economic times money is tight for so many...and yet you gave!  Thank you for your sacrificial gifts and please know that you are vessels used by our Heavenly Father to bring an orphan home! 

Many have prayed us to this point.  Many have called, e-mailed, followed our blog, posted on Facebook...encouraged us DAILY!   We are almost there! 

Our next post will be from another continent!  Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Love you, sweet friend. You and your family (including Dillon) are being covered in prayer. Oh how I wish I could witness the moment you see your son... I have imagined meeting my Paisley so many times...your heart is just going to overflow!! Can't wait to hear from you once you get to your "dream destination". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh!!!! I can't contain my excitement and my joy for you all and Dillon!!! Will be praying hard for you guys on this trip!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet note to me! I'm praying for you! I'm excited for you and excited to hear what God has in store of you! Praying that things go smoothly and that you experience untold blessings!

    Hugs to you
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good travels!! Can't wait to hear ALL about it and see some more pictures of this darling, darling little boy!!

    ReplyDelete